Wednesday 29 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #61

Pirate Susan's Revenge

 

Today is a supplies day I spend an hour cleaning my clogged brushes with brush cleaning fluid, go to the art store and buy 14 more canvases and pallet paper and gesso 7 of the canvases. It is the behind the scenes boring time consuming stuff that need to be done to keep the project afloat. I will go tomorrow and buy more plastic gloves and paper towel. My back is a bit out from hula hooping too much while chaperoning my daughter's grad.

I am doing this new thing lately where I sit for a while before I start and I think of the narrative that I see so that all my choices pull towards that. This pirate piece has a dark spiky underbelly. There is a cheerful group that Pirate Susan and her 2 sisters are going to try to blend in with.


romantic botanicals #61   Pirate Susan's Revenge,  June 29,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" bright sunny3.5h




No comments:

Post a Comment