Friday 24 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #56

Peony Sets Out


I was at the Winnipeg Arts Council Awards lunch. I was nominated for a volunteer award along with Sandra Brown for our work organizing the Artist Mothers Group at MAWA. I heard some thoughtful speakers, met other artists and ate an nice lunch. I am finding it strange to be inside for long periods of time since I have been doing this project I really like being outside.

The peonies have a pink that I can not match today so I make an in-the-range-of match. I start at 3 and it is hot and muggy. I let my wrist make lazy swoopy swirl motions. With the peonies I focus on the heaviness of the flowers and buds that are suspended in space by the stems. This work has a crossing, reaching and longing feel to it.

romantic botanicals #56  Peony Sets Out,  June 24,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" afternoon muggy, 1.5 h

No comments:

Post a Comment