Tuesday 7 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #39

Miss Beatrice and the Dancing Lessons


Marshall is home sick in the morning so I stay with him and clean the house too. At 1pm I am out painting in is midday which is the perfect time for the bee activity. I keep the piece of cardboard on top of my pallet at all times and just sneak my brush in and out.

I have been monstering (my new verb which means to do something like a monster) my brushes and not cleaning them after I paint because I am tired. Now I only have 4 brushes to work with as the rest are rocks on sticks. I would have more energy if I would exercise. This sitting for long periods for over a month painting is not good for my body without other exercise. So I am monstering my brushes.

I make a purple green painting with bee accents. I love the tall long strokes of the chive stalks and the many bee positions. It is a active piece about activity.

romantic botanicals #39  Miss Beatrice and the Dancing Lessons, June 7,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" 3hr and Sunny

bee in flight



No comments:

Post a Comment