Tuesday 14 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #46

Lord Clover gets Rumpled

Covers are popping up in the lawn and the bees like them. I start out with the intention of making a white painting but it ended up grayish blue probably because it is an overcast day.

I am making the flowers the actual size so the clover is small on the canvas. I was accentuating the two tall stems together and the leaves that circle around and support them. It is a quiet work with exuberant underpinnings.


romantic botanicals #46, Lord Clover gets Rumpled, June 14,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" 4hr, overcast

my son comes home from school and I am still painting.

another companion, a dragonfly lands on my arm while I paint.

here is how the painting started and I like the floating bits that circle and frame the figures but I wanted the two clover to be in a calm space so I wiped it all off with paper towel. You can't keep all the paintings that appear.

The builders next door work while I work and although I rarely talk with them they are good company to paint with.






No comments:

Post a Comment