Sunday 26 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #58

 Peony in Turbulence


I check and check out the windows and doors but it rains all day until 5 pm.
When  I paint the wind swirls around me swaying the big pine trees in my front yard and knocking needles into my paint and knocking my hat off. I paint fast to get out of the wind and before the rain can start again. I think it could rain any minute so try to have something that looks complete at every stage in case I need to stop.

The space theme is still strong with Peony. I add the swirling atmosphere that is buffeting both of us as I paint.

romantic botanicals #58   Peony in Turbulence,  June 26,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" windy almost raining 1.5 h

I wish this was a video so you could see the tops of the trees moving above me.

No comments:

Post a Comment