Tuesday 21 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #53

Bright Miss Camomile and the Agreement


Yesterday's yellow painting was muted tones and today the bright sun and open alley have me wanting a criper work.

I put a strong yellow base down and chose a turquoise for the camomile plants. My eyes blend the two colours together to make green. This is a cut out style to show the shadow and the image in the same way using a one stroke painting technique to outline the image.  I finish the work and stare at it wanting to spend more time on it but knowing that I will wreck all the fresh brush stokes if I do. So I pack up.

romantic botanicals #53, Bright Miss Camomile and the Agreement,  June 21,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" sunny. 1h

I put a paper down behind the Pineapple Camomile plants so I can see the crisp shadows.

It is so lovely and intense the colours I have chosen, the sunny day and the wet reflective oil paint.

Not the most lovely spot but I can see over the dumpster to the builder who is spending another day on top of a ladder. I have to check that I am still actually in my yard for this one. The plants are in my yard but 6 inches from the border to the other country.

No comments:

Post a Comment