Saturday 11 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #43

Miss Beatrice and The Modern Man go Forward


Ack.. I danced too wildly at the spring carnival with my daughter last night. What fun but the dance floor was gravel and it was hard to do the twist. Now my back hurts while I sit and paint, hope it gets better because I need to sit for long periods of time on the ground.

This is a continuation of yesterday's idea of the tall floating feeling of the chive flowers and the crisscross grasses below. I do a swirly motion for the chives and I really like it. Each bee gets it's portrait done. Some bees fight over a single flower. Lots of action.

romantic botanicals #43 Miss Beatrice and The Modern Man go Forward, June 11,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" 5hr, late day

see sitting on the ground. Usually I sit cross legged but put my legs sideways today. note my cardboard pallet cover and the chair I go sit in when I want to look at the painting from a distance.

here is how bees really look when they fly. I do memory portraits and they look really different from this.



Claude Monet Water Lillies.  I looked at this amazing painting to get an idea of purple paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment