Wednesday 8 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #40

Miss Beatrice and the Tumultuous Neighbour


The rains come quickly and I don't get final documentation. I will post it here tomorrow. The rain comes when I am almost done so I am saying it is done and therefore it is. ha. I do love the abstraction where your mind fills in the missing bits and sorts out the jumbly bits. It does have a sense of freedom to make work like this. I want to make a few more.

The chive and bees are jumbled into one space. There is a long and long legged wasp/bee thing that flies around at the end but doesn't settle so I paint it where I see it. It has a quite space all to itself balanced off by the lone tall chive. While under them is the the rolling turmoil of many chive flowers and buds and the drinking bees.

romantic botanicals #40 Miss Beatrice and the Tumultuous Neighbour, June 8,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" 3hr and Sunny
photo of painting the next day as I never got a final photo the day of painting do to sudden rains

No comments:

Post a Comment