Wednesday 22 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #54

Riotous and Reserved


I am doing double painting. I paint fish, sharks, seals and jelly fish for my daughters grade 6 grad then I go outside and paint my one a days. I have done this yesterday and today. I am so spacey while I paint the peonies that I keep starting thinking the ants I painted on the canvas are real. I bought a tiny brush and I can paint tiny legs and antennas now. I am so spacey sometimes I think wow my painting smells wonderful, then, Oh it is just a painting. The peonies smell wonderful I want to be an ant so I can go in the petals and roll around enveloped in the perfume.

The two peonies touch and occupy nearly the same space yet the two differ, one is fully open to the world and has lots of visitors suitors, while the other is timidly opening and has only one visitor suitor.  The many many petals are busy.


romantic botanicals #54, Riotous and Reserved,  June 22,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" evening, 4 h

I think this is the first time painting this series that I have sat in  a chair! The peonies are at chair height.

see that! ant wouldn't you be startled for a moment.

big sea creature paintings I did today

a big fish I painted today too


No comments:

Post a Comment