Thursday 23 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #55

The Pursuit of Dr. Shepherd



My shoulder muscle hurts from painting too long yesterday but the weather is perfect and sunny.

Probably the smallest plant in my yard, Shepherd's Purse is so delicate and tiny that I could only think of white to hold it in place almost like lacework. A smattering of pebbles adds to the tiny world.  The heart shaped seeds I painted pink but etched in dark blue shadows to ground the plants to the soil. Tiny bees choose shepherds purse and not the other flowers near by. A large dragonfly swoops over top of the scene giving measure to the scale.


romantic botanicals #55 The Pursuit of Dr. Shepherd,  June 23,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" morning sunny, 3 h

see all the tiny bees

I had to remember the quick flight of this dragonfly


No comments:

Post a Comment