Wednesday 15 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #47

Lord Clover's  Conversation


Ok today I finally caught what my kids have had. I am slightly feverish. I spend a lot of time while working on this painting just lying down in the grass thinking about it and not painting. I think mainly about making a narrative between two flowers. With this in mind it is more of what I don't paint. I don't paint all the other clover flowers or leaves or grasses.

I researched portrait colours yesterday and have been using a pallet from a Thomas Gainsborough painting of his two daughters. I like it so much because they are both holding drawing portfolios. I am happy that surrounded by his art they made art too. I went to the Joe Fafard and Family show opening last week and along with his bronze animals are his grand children's bronze animals. I have never see a bronze done by an eight year old before and I wish there were more of them in the world.

I make two cluster balls. The clover flowers jut upwards and lean towards each other. I am outlining the flowers but soften the distinct edges.

romantic botanicals #47, Lord Clover's  Conversation, June 15,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" who knows I was too spacey to count, overcast   
Portrait of the Artist's Daughters, Thomas Gainsborough 1760

No comments:

Post a Comment