Thursday 9 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #41

Miss Beatrice and the Spring Carnival


Sunny lots of bees. I paint warm tones. I have been reading blogs of other plein air painters. It is great to think of all the other painters out painting right now. One woman talked about the 70 30 division of warm and cool. If you want a warm painting 70% warm and 30% cool. For a cool painting switch it. So this is in the back of my mind and so is that tomorrow is our Riverview Neighbourhood Spring Carnival. I am volunteering at the penny carnival booth and 2 of my children are singing at it. Fireworks at 9pm.

 The center of these chive flowers are pink so I pull that into the rest of the background.The the all out pink states I am a women painter. I build poky pompoms and the bees hang on to them. It has a fireworks in spring feel as I purposefully leave off the bottoms of the stems so there is an upward motion.

romantic botanicals #41 Miss Beatrice and the Spring Carnival, June 9,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" 4hr, Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment