Saturday 18 June 2016

Romantic Botanicals #50

 Pirate Susan


My partner mowed all the clover in the lawn. I found these. I think I planted Black Eyed Susan last year and these may be them.

I am making a yellow painting. The tiny yellow petals are the most intense yellow. I like the hairs going up the stems and leaves. I wanted the lightness around their heads connecting them and a dark confusion around one of the bodies.

romantic botanicals #50,  Pirate Susan,  June 18,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" in the shade. 4hr

painting #50 and my paints look like they have been through a war.  I am running low on all the expensive colours that I bought in small tubes. I want to thank The Winnipeg Arts Council for funding my last project and therefore I had some leftover paint to do this project.  Also my Mom who bought me 2 large tubes of white paint half way through. Without her this work would be very dark. Then my family who I have been siphoning bits of house hold money from to buy oil, occasional brushes and the canvases. Also Gotrick who makes well made and inexpensive canvas so I can afford to paint on stretched canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment