Thursday 15 September 2016

Mystery Botanicals #9

Exhale Chocolate


I am at the front of the sidewalk and lots of people walk by as paint.

I started plant paintings in 2012 with my handling chaos series diptychs. Today I am thinking about that series because I packed the 16 paintings in my car this morning and drove them down to the Manitoba Arts Network office. My show is going on tour to rural venues for a year.

The narrow leaf sunflowers emanate chocolate fragrance. So I paint like chocolate, chunky at the bottom and soft and swooshy at the top. It is is clumsy at the bottom and elegant at the top. It is almost like a diptych in one painting.
mystery botanicals #9, Exhale Chocolate , September 15,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" sunny  3.5h

Oona and her friend bring home their band clarinets for the first time and learn to play on the front steps.

Marshall sits beside me and talks about school while I paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment