Friday 16 September 2016

Mystery Botanicals #10

Dusk at Chokecherry Hall


It rained all day so I did a lot of other stuff and then began painting at 6 pm in the stairwell looking outside at the chokecherry tree. At first it was dripping wet and at the end it was in darkness.

When I lived outside of Osler Saskatchewan I made chokecherry wine with a dairy farmer. It was amazing. That was the only time in my life I drank a fair bit as it tasted so good and I would have a bottle when I had my baths in the tub I had in the middle of the field. Magic bath time.

It is a faster work and I am happy with the evident brush marks. I build a center bleak patch of dusk to draw one into the darkness of the chokecherry berries. Then I radiate pale purples outward to soften the edges. The center has you falling into darkness with the white highlights on the berries to save you.

mystery botanicals #10 Dusk at Chokecherry Hall, September 16,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" rainy dusk 1.5h

As I am in the stairwell I can hear my daughter and her friend as they ice a cake. There is a lot of whispering going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment