Sunday 18 September 2016

Mystery Botanicals #12

The Unfortunate Orphans of Manchester Gardens


It rains on me three time and I run into the house holding my painting upside down. I miss my plastic hut. After yesterday's painting, I talked with my sister who is a writer and she encouraged me to focus on my original intent of mystery novels but use my natural bent toward Gothic and period piece mysteries for inspiration. I may look back at the 11 other titles and tweak them.

The lighting is very pretty at the end of the day and I paint fast to capture the one type of light. I like the fireworks look of the chive seeds.The two soft warm coloured chives in the center huddle against and darkness and the others on either side.

mystery botanicals #12 The Unfortunate Orphans of Manchester Gardens, September 18,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" intermittent rain 1.5h

Here is the sky and why I had to dash inside with my unfinished painting several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment