Thursday 29 September 2016

Mystery Botanicals #23

The Juicy Surrender


I choose my spot to paint, get changed into painting clothes and then bring out my paints, oil, pallet, pallet lid, brushes, pencil, gloves, paper towel, easel, mats to sit on, camera, extra lens, glasses, sunhat and blank canvas. Then I take a moment before I begin and let myself feel so grateful that I have time in my life to paint.

The pears we ate were delicious. These are the fallen pears that the wasps, rabbits and squirrels are eating. I miss painting the insects, no more butterflies or bees but I found wasps. The wasps are eating the juicy bits of the pears. I roughly shape the pears yet I draw the leaves around them. It seems appropriate that I paint fallen things in the fall.

mystery botanicals #22 The Juicy Surrender, September 29,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" sunny 3h

My camera captures the actual insect and I am not doing that with paint

I am painting what I see as it happens with all the clumsy humanness and imperfection that is life in the moment.

Ps. the cat posters are up. Kitty is still here, skinny but eating lots and being a terroist to our 2 goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment