Tuesday 20 September 2016

Mystery Botanicals #14

The Fleet Lane Gamble


This project has a heavy dose of time management required. Today I only have 30 minutes to paint. I imagine I can come back at night in the yard and finish by flashlight. Well now I know that doesn't work for me. The plant looks totally different. If I start in the dark that might work.

Today I put in a Manitoba Arts Council Grant to do a daily painting series of figurative work, work at the school lunch program, pick up photos for my daughter's school project and take my daughter to her musical theatre class. Oh and I paint for 30 minutes and then later I stand in the dark with a flashlight trying to paint and take a photo for another 30 minutes.

The blue represents night which is falling. The strokes are fast and liquid. Clusters of berries and paired leave growth are the rhythms of this piece.

mystery botanicals #14 The Fleet Lane Gamble, September 20,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" dusk 30min

This is where I go in the middle of painting today's canvas.

this is what I feel like today. On the go go go so I am all blurred out.



No comments:

Post a Comment