Friday 23 September 2016

Mystery Botanicals #17

Lady Crabapple's Dastardly House Party


My Dad and Basha sent me birthday money, Thank you! I went to the art supply store this morning and bought paints and 20 new canvases, linseed oil and 2 new brushes. The paints were fifty percent off because they are not going to carry my brand anymore. What a pig for supplies these Botanicals are. Drawing is simpler.

I buy a new blender brush and so I soften up the shading on the apples. I like the contrast between the choppy strokes and the disguised mixing of colour edges. There is a proper party above and secret liaisons below.

mystery botanicals #17 Lady Crabapple's Dastardly House Party, September 23,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" overcast  3h

Here is my new blending brush. New brushes dramatically change my painting.

New and old paints meet each other for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment