Saturday 24 September 2016

Mystery Botanicals #18

The Wedding of Dark Promises


It rains all morning and the afternoon is dark and almost misty. I keep hearing booming while I paint and wonder if it is distant thunder. My family go to Wheelies to roller blade and I paint the whole time they are away.

I have been doing a lot of predominantly dark paintings so this white one is a bit of a departure. I think of lace cutouts. It is like a lacy wedding dress and the groom, the blue leafed figure, stands in the background,. I have the two uprights that jut up and the berries of dark promises.

mystery botanicals #18 The Wedding of Dark Promises,  September 24,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" heavily overcast almost misty 3.5h

My easel is blocking the gate and my family has to shimmy sideways to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment