Friday 6 May 2016

Romantic Botanicals #7

Lord Naughty of the bees

Our pear tree is in bloom. It is mad with all sizes of bees. I smash my easel right up beside them to get a close up view. There are clusters of buds and blossoms as this is the first day they are in bloom.  I have decided that because I am aiming for the romantic feel of flowers I am going to start titling them like romance novels.

This painting started with a deep green base and has a Gothic feeling about it. There were lots of bees to paint which made me very happy. I watched them and recorded their flight paths and where they landed on the blossoms. I did a lot of smearing and trailing though wet paint.

romantic botanicals #7, Lord Naughty of the bees, May 6,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment