Thursday 12 May 2016

Romantic Botanicals #13

Punkella


Cold and windy. I am wearing two layers of fleecy and there are no bees. Blossom petals fly and stick to my canvas as I paint. It was raining all morning and  later, at 3:30, I will be volunteering at my son's school art club.  There is a window of time for me to paint. I look at a clock while I paint. No shilly shally, dilly dalling today. This make for precision painting and strong bush strokes.

The petals are spread wide at the end their life span. This painting has all these gaps between the petals making a choppy sharp edged painting. I layer a grayish purple on top of a dark green to add to the offset punchy feeling.

romantic botanicals #13, Punkella, May 12,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

See, I am wearing two layers of fleecy

No comments:

Post a Comment