Saturday 14 May 2016

Romantic Botanicals #15

Birthday Party Free Fall


It snows on me three times while I paint.  I keep packing up and hiding indoors and then returning when it abates. This is making me tired and cold. Yet the rest of the time is sunny and blue.

This is an overwhelming piece and I chose the subject matter for that quality. The many layered branches and the hundreds of tiny blossoms have me paining in an out of control manner, always trying to save it from the brink. It is a risky free fall painting. The turquoise, yellow, purple and pink along with the swirly branches and splotchy blossoms give this painting a birthday party feeling.

romantic botanicals #15, Birthday Party Free Fall, May 14,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

I sketch bees on sticky notes before I go out because the bees move so fast often I record them like blobs. I thought these cheat sheets could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment