Friday 27 May 2016

Romantic Botanicals #28

Finished With Finishing School

I have never painted this bush before. Cluster structure flowers overwhelm me. Today I jump in. But first I rebuild my plastic bamboo hut with instructions from Haiti relief plans for shelters called Reciproboo .  It works! Even though there is only little bits of rain it helps because I don't have to constantly watch the sky.

This work has high contrast and is explosivly fragmented. I like the delicate but blasted out feeling. It makes me think of a wild west finishing school where a tomboy gets kicked out of.

romantic botanicals #28, Finished With Finishing School,  May 27,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

I have my own private room in the yard

I would never have designed this cool structure on my own but I built it on my own

"Portrait of an Elderly Lady" by Mary Cassatt. 1887 oil on canvas. I used this colour pallet for today's painting.  I searched for paintings with white dresses in them and this came up and I wanted it for today's work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment