Monday 9 May 2016

Romantic Botanicals #10

The Bouncy Baronetess


The tumbling explosion of things to paint is pressing against me. The weird 34 degree weather a few days ago has made everything bloom at once. I can only paint one thing a day so the plum blossoms, red tulips, pink tulips, purple violets, dandelions and strawberry flowers will go on without me. Budding, blooming and wilting with my back to them. I am painting the pear blossoms.

I like the three cluster pom pom look and the diagonal towering of these blossoms. I chose it because of the full look. I painted a full bouncy look surrounded by lush green darkness. I want to smear and trail the path of the bees in flight. The smearing of the blossom and the trail of it is how I envision a bit of the flower is carried along to the next flower to pollinate it.

romantic botanicals #10, The Bouncy Baronetess , May 9,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

not painting this

not painting this
not painting this
Here I am painting the pear tree blossoms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment