Sunday 22 May 2016

Romantic Botanicals #23

All Eligible Women to Launch Pad 23


This is a pussy toes prairie native plant.  It's fuzzy flower looks like a cat's paw, the bottom view. Wind gusting to 60 km and cloudy. I have a cardboard on top of my palette so no one blows in. Everyone passes by doing stuff, too and fro from sleepovers and kite flying excursions.

I sit here for 5.5 hours... aah my back hurts. The pussy toe is so different, weird looking that I work extra hard explaining it in paint. I go for a heavy outline to delineate it. I choose a orange colour found in the pine needles and pop it back and forth with a pale purple. This accentuates the strangeness.

romantic botanicals #23, All Eligible Women to Launch Pad 23,  May 22,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

see my cardboard palette cover

my daughter walking by with a green kite

everyone goes by me even a bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment