Sunday 10 July 2016

Romantic Botanicals #72

More


This maybe my last day of this series. I started painting at 1 pm and my daughter waited for me to go on a bike ride with her until 5:30 because I was painting. I didn't start earlier because I was cleaning. Last year when I did this series I was so sad when I stopped but this year I am just tired. It is so humid out I am covered in sweat.

The Oregano is flowering. I love the way the leave grow symmetrically like a lacy mirrored pattern. I painted a lot of the flying critters. I wanted a more more more painting because it might be the last in this series.



romantic botanicals #72  More, July10,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" sunny, 4.5h

It is so hot out. I have weeded the garden but only the tiny patch I am looking at. Painting is taking up my time.



to show how much time has passed since I started the series, this is the plum tree that I painted the blossoms of.

No comments:

Post a Comment