Thursday 7 July 2016

Romantic Botanicals #69

 Ms. Bergamot and the House Party


This is Wild Bergamot, I bought it from the Prairie Originals Nursery several years ago with my daughter.

When I make the pencil sketch before painting I think Wild Bergamot would be the perfect Minecraft flower. The flower shape is box like.  I made a dark outline for the foreground images and blue for the background images. I also left almost visual dark holes in the picture. I was thinking of how our thoughts rest in spots and our mind goes deeper. This is what happens when you stare at flowers everyday for 2 months.


romantic botanicals #69  Ms. Bergamot and the House Party, July 7,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" sunny, 6h

I love how the tiny bees hang off of the tips of the flowers.

I have to make so many decisions like to leave the white or not. A new decision is to paint all the bees even if it erases some of my best painting because I always remember that there should have been a bee there.

This bunny was watching me from different vantage positions all morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment