Friday 1 July 2016

Romantic Botanicals #63

Homestead Garden Club



Happy Canada Day! It is quiet in the neighbourhood. My son and his 2 friends collect bits of wood from the construction site next door and are going to build a fort somewhere. I try to paint fast so I can go to the Celebration at Osborne Village but the faster I try to paint the slower my mind goes and I can't do it and they leave without me. I will go later hopefully.

The romaine lettuce keeps loosing me. Often I bounce around painting bits and pieces but if I leave off one of these branches I can't find where I am. I have to paint branch by branch. Most of this painting has a chunky blunt feeling to it but the painted bees are light weight and part of the air.


romantic botanicals #63  Homestead Garden Club,  July 1,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" sunny hot, 5h

detail of the painting

I get lots of interruptions while I am painting and have stop and then comeback.

Here are the interruptions of my painting into my real life today: Pokemon card dispute, breakfast, lunch, finding a bike helmet and finding shorts.



No comments:

Post a Comment