Friday 8 July 2016

Romantic Botanicals #70

Picnic Season in Fleabane


A half a bottle of brush cleaner leeks into my paint box. I knew it shouldn't be there and I kept meaning to take it out but I didn't.  I wash the outside of every paint tube.

I think I need to stop this series soon because I am not doing vacation actives with my kids and summer in Winnipeg is so short. I might stop any day. I have been emotionally preparing for this by starting a second one-a-day drawing project which is in day 14 today. Drawing is portable and quick and it will allow me to do more summer activities with my kids. I will miss making this series because I feel that progressively every painting I am getting deeper into exploring paint, plants, insects and portraying romantic interactions.

Fleabane, Sooth or Philadelphia type I am not sure. I go with the all out daisy like simplicity. I stripe the sky in like a picnic blanket pattern. I use a intense lime green to show the height of summer greenery and sun. The big white butterfly or moth went by so quick I just guess at remembering the white swoosh of it. I like the joyful feeling of this one.






romantic botanicals #70  Picnic Season in Fleabane, July 8,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" sunny, 2.5h
Bee, day 13 of mega draw. The bees are sure getting friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment