Tuesday 23 June 2015

Botanicals #49

forty-ninth painting

The crack in the cement.

It is busy back here as I paint and watch the 3 baby red squirrels who live in the trunk of the neighbours apple tree. They come out of the nest and chase each other up and down the branches, trunk and fence top.  I think of Chip and Dale cartoons as their movements are fast, funny and sweet.

I always like making x-ing patterns so I enjoy the crossing lines of weeds and the crossing thin stems of the Shepperd's purse. I use a fan brush for most of this work and it gives a light swoopy motion to the work. I am seeing a theme emerge with the works a bouncy enthusiasm for life and life forms and a barely in control painting style.

botanicals #49 June 18, 2015 oil on canvas 9" x 12"


No comments:

Post a Comment