Wednesday 17 June 2015

Botanicals #43

forty-third painting

chive patch

The City of Winnipeg sprayed Malathion into my yard last night.  I signed up for the no spray buffer last year but I probably have to renew that request. Less bees today, no butterflies, no dragonflies.

It is an odd painting to work on and this has never happened to me before - I think it is fantastic and keep staring at it closely as I paint, internally saying wow, wow, wow. I use thin paint with lots of oil to give a transparent look and in the sun the transparent colour suspended in the shining oil does look amazing. I wonder if malathion alters my mindset making me non-objective.

This is a divisive painting. The two halves are determined by the two chive plants in the front and the background that is half light and half dark. I can't really analyze it because when I look at it, even later, it gives me a woozy dreamy feeling. I mean this painting is fantastic, WOW!

botanicals #43 June 12, 2015 oil on canvas 9" x 12"



No comments:

Post a Comment