Wednesday 10 June 2015

Botanicals #36

thirty-sixth painting

Under the pines.
Lilly of the valley so perfumy.

A different postman this time says " Your painting is Awesome!"
The neighbour across the street says" Your logging in office hours painting."

Muddy and soft colours and flower stocks hidden under the leaves give this work a distant feeling yet the pine cones ground this painting.

My partner is asking when is this series going to stop, my daughter says 58 facebook followers are not a following, I have so many other projects and things I am neglecting and my paints are almost squeezed out so I am doubting this project.

Creation takes confidence.

To rebut - butt jokes always perk one up. It is great to have an instant audience for art. This has never happened for me before. Usually I make work and it goes in the basement or if I am lucky one piece goes in a group show. It makes the work feel more substantial not so ghost like and it is improving my work knowing I will have people looking at it. My paints running empty is an good thing as it means that I am working and am not stockpiling for imagined great projects I am actually making a substantial body of art,

I hope by doing this daily series of oil paintings I will reach some magic point of experientialness meets upgraded skill and I will make some amazing art.

botanicals #36 June 5, 2015 oil on canvas 9" x 12"


No comments:

Post a Comment