Saturday 6 June 2015

Botanicals #32

thirty-second painting

I sit in the same spot as yesterday. I have been going in series of 3 of each plant so logically I should paint another strawberry but I like the dandelion with the pine cones and so I paint it.

A daycare of four, 3 year old children stop to look at me painting. The caregiver says "Oh, you are painting the favourite flower of all the kids in the neighbourhood." She also says "It is so windy that your not painting your making a multi-media piece!"

The elm trees are scattering their seeds, pine needle fall from the pines and who knows what else those tiny particles are and it is all sticking to the canvas and palette. Wind unnerves me as too many things are in motion. Wind south 40 km/h gusting to 60

I pick a simple stand alone dandelion under the pine tree. I paint dark and pull the forms out with lighter colours, The pine cones whole and eaten frame the plant. An ant is framed drinking inside the flower. It has a frame within a frame.


botanicals #32 June 1, 2015 oil on canvas 9" x 12"





No comments:

Post a Comment