Wednesday 5 October 2016

Mystery Botanicals #29

Adventure in Blustery Valley


The afternoon is windy and grey. As fall progresses there is less to paint. My subjects will become more minimal as flowers, seeds, leaves and fruit fall and join the soil.

I set up and paint for 30 minutes and then it rains. I go inside and wait. As I wait I look at my painting and I love it. It is full of gusty wind, a rain cloud filled sky and thin vines that change colour as they progress. If I work it more it will just be different. I choose to keep it.

mystery botanicals #29  Adventure in Blustery Valley, October 5,  2016 oil on canvas 9" x 12" overcast, windy 30 min

The Flowers of Fright, The Grasses of Gore, The Twigs of Terror and The Leaves of Lingering, all great names that my 12 year old daughter thought up for this painting or I can use them for other ones she says. She made up this one Adventure in Blustery Valley as all of I could think of at this time of night was so bad, The Hermit and the Forbidden Pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment