Saturday 9 May 2015

Botanicals #4

fourth painting

The plum tree is blossoming. There are lots different types of bees, big fat bumble bees, medium dusty yellow and brown bees and then thin narrow bees. I want an identification book on bees. I paint them but they are trickier that the stationary blossoms. I am a bit nervous as so many land on me and sadly on my pallet.

I am painting the shapes of the blossom clusters and only gesturing at individual flowers. The dark purple branch weights the painting as the rest is lacy and floating. The background is a sample color of bright spring green of the grasses below the tree.


 
Botanicals # 4
May 4, 2015  oil on canvas Brenna George

Oona is home from school sick so I make a bed for her on the desk. She reads Calvin and Hobbs and I paint.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment