Saturday 30 May 2015

Botanicals #25

twenty-fifth painting

OK I need to start painting earlier before the heat. I start at 10:30 and work until 2:30, sunny hot midday woozy time.

The painting is full of motion as petals, leaves and branches all take off in different directions yet the subtle pallet choices keep the image calm.

Two different birds sit in the bush. This is not an accurate bird rendering. The bird flew away and I was left trying to remember. I know the one I am painting had a tinge of red on it's head but the light tummy is a guess. I think the two different birds combine in my mind. Usually I go to look at a guide book to figure out the species and colouring but the woozy hot head wins and I dash it off. So unlike me but here I am doing it.

botanicals #25 May 25, 2015 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment