Wednesday 27 May 2015

Botanicals #22

twenty-second painting

I am painting on the front lawn as my son and the neighbour boy are having a massive water gun fight in the backyard and because of yesterday's painting disaster, call me cautious. The dandelions are short and stubby in the front lawn. I should be weeding and mowing but instead I am sitting and painting. Ah well we all have our priorities.

I went to the store and I have new linseed oil, a large tube of white and a thin liner brush. The oil and this brush combine to give  a joyful thin stroke that I wiggle across the canvas. In this work - pattern takes over from form. It is a happy wallpaper like circular swirling of flowers, as the flowers and I are uplifted by the warm spring sun.

botanicals #22 May 22, 2015 oil on canvas 9" x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment