Thursday 25 March 2021

Happy Birthday painting

 

Yesterday was my daughter's 17th birthday! I woke up at 7 to bake her a white cake her favourite and one that I have made almost every birthday. Well there was a time when all she wanted was ice cream cake but now she's back to the white cake. It took 12 egg whites! 

In the evening I taught a Zoom class on how to paint Robins and simplify the patterning of the background. My Robin I made like it was in a birthday party with confetti like colours and patterning all around. I chose this Robin from paint my photo website. I loved it because the bird is open mouthed eating the berry.

 It's a work in progress I'm trying to concentrate on and finish it. I seem to be starting lots of work these days and slow down when finishing. There's such freedom when I start a new work and such fussiness when I end it.

When I came out of my class at 9:30 I saw this on the kitchen table, what a fun surprise! My two daughters had iced the birthday cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment